Hair loss does not only affect men, women are also susceptible to this kind of dilemma. While it is quite normal to feel a bit of panic whenever you see strands of hair falling while you comb or when you take a bath, there are steps that you can do to slow hair loss.
You need to understand that it is normal for a few bits of hair strands to fall. However, nobody wants a thinning hairline nor go bald (men are more prone to this). What causes hair to fall anyway? Excessive hair grooming, diet deficiency, illness, medication, stress, and genes are the usual culprits of hair loss. Do you know that about 80 million men and women are affected by hair loss due to hereditary reasons?
While there is nothing much you can do with hereditary hair loss, here are some effective ways to slow the process:
● Avoid getting too rough with your hair. Pat your hair dry with a towel, there is no need to dry your hair like mad. Hair is vulnerable to breakage or damage when it is wet. Brushing your hair rather forcefully and styling your hair on high heat can be damaging as well.
● Have a proper stress management. This will greatly help slow down hair loss. Getting affected by too much because of work and other personal problems is also detrimental to your overall health.
● Check your prescriptions. Certain medicines can cause hair loss as a side effect. While you cannot do away with your medicines, check out with your doctor if there are other options for you to take.
● Have a bit of caffeine from coffee or tea. A cup of coffee or tea can reduce DHT (dihydrotestosterone), a hormone that damages the hair follicle. This is a good excuse to have coffee.
● Eat a balanced diet. Do not stick to one or two kinds of foods only to get your daily nutrition needs. Foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, iron, folate, biotin, zinc, proteins, other vitamins and minerals like walnuts, salmon, lean meats, skinless poultry meats, vegetables, fruits, soybeans, etc. can prevent hair loss.
While some men may proudly sport a bald head – either by choice or circumstance – there are still a number who would want to have a head with good hair. As for the women, it is also the same thing, not all are willing to go for a GI Jane or Sinead O’Connor look. Some people are blessed to have thick hair while others may have to deal with thinning hairline.
Shampoos may promise to help reduce hair fall but still, it is best that you continue to eat healthily, avoid stress, and follow all the tips mentioned above.