Virtual hosting is a way by which multiple domain names may be hosted in a single server. This means that one server allows its processes such as memory and processor cycles to be shared and use the same host name. It is also called virtual private server or virtual dedicated server.
This is one of the most popular web hosting options being availed of at present. Since the method allows many domain names to be hosted on a computer using one IP address, the sharing of its resources are more efficient. Virtual web hosting also allows one computer to serve many websites at a given time. Virtual web hosting is ideal for small, medium, and even large online businesses.
The great thing about virtual web hosting is that it comes with pre-packaged web service plugins. These plugins are what help enhance the account’s functionality, which allows an online business owner to save time and money. This also means allowing the business owner to focus more on the other value-adding activities needed to successfully run his business.
Aside from the mentioned features, here are some other benefits of having a virtual server:
● Virtual servers have a control panel that is user-friendly. With a control panel that is so simple and easy to understand, managing tasks can be done efficiently. Adding domains, users, backing up files, stopping or starting services, and requesting for a new IP address can all be done without the hassle.
● Because virtual servers are very flexible, installing third party commercial applications or open sources on the web browser becomes much, much easier.
● Whatever the requirement may be, starting and stopping applications on the web browser can be done accordingly.
● Virtual web hosting is an isolated environment as it allows easier access to files, software, and all the applications that are installed in the server.
● Security is definitely very important and with virtual servers, the files, applications, and data are all protected from any unauthorized access. All the data can be stored and collected in a secure manner which lessens any concerns of the business owner.
● Since the maintenance cost is low, business owners can save more money.
Virtual web servers guarantee an outstanding performance as well as solid security. Online business owners are also assured with the usage of full storage capacity even when the other accounts remain idle. As virtual web servers have a lower cost, they are more economical and therefore more suitable for small to medium-scale online businesses.
Many businesses have opted to utilize web servers for their internal operations. It is very common among small and mid-size companies since their business models usually involve the provision of low-cost website hosting for customers. Virtual web hosting is becoming a popular option as the majority of customer websites worldwide are hosted on shared servers.