Natural gas is one of the most sought-after resources. With a variety of things to offer – from heating residential homes to providing a cheaper energy alternative, the cost of natural gas production is not only lesser than oil, but it is also greatly offset by a barrage of benefits. Here are ten different advantages of natural gas production.
1. The cost of natural gas production is negated by an uplift of infrastructure in major city capitals that stem from the construction of new gas pipelines and roadways associated with natural gas transport. This in turn will increase the country’s GDP.
2. Providing a somewhat greener perspective, the exploration of natural gas outlets will decrease the transportation costs of the country’s vehicles as they favor electrically-run engines.
3. The cost of natural gas production is lower than the cost of oil generation. Thus, crude oil demands will dip and this will reduce foreign oil imports, which consequently decreases the nation’s budget deficit.
4. A decrease in the budget deficit marks the strengthening of the currency, which will reduce the cost of importing other unrefined materials.
5. By using natural gas to fuel electricity, the demand for coal will subside and this will greatly hamper carbon emissions and reduce carbon tax, thus providing a greener and more economical solution.
6. The decline in carbon emissions allows the United States to overtake China, which had the lion’s share in carbon emissions in 2011.
7. Increased electricity demands will in turn boost the electric utility industry by accelerating its profits, thus contributing to a substantial increase in cash dividends payouts. This will be advantageous to pensioners, orphans and widowers who rely heavily on cash supplied by the government.
8. The exploration of natural gas as an electricity source will stimulate a legendary change in the business world, which could very well lead to the dawn of a new economic civilization.
9. Any rising political power that promotes this mandate will indirectly boost the economic morale of the nation and pull her back to her former glory.
10. The expansion of the natural gas revolution will trigger the burgeoning of local economies and enhance the incomes of workers dabbling in this industry.
Thus, with all these stunning advantages outlined above, natural gas truly is a worthy economic investment despite its cost.